We are now accepting submissions for our MYTHS + MAGIC writing contest!
We’re looking for fiction and creative nonfiction short stories and poetry in the fantasy, magic, and myth genre.
So sharpen your swords, pour out the potions, and fabricate some folklore— Pine Reads is ready for an adventure!
Winning submissions will be featured on our website and social media.
Read the following guidelines for more details:
Short Story – Submissions must be 1000 words or less
Poetry – Submissions must be 500 words or less
*Content Note: Because we are a platform for young adult readers and writers, we ask that all submissions exclude explicit content dealing with violence, gore, substance abuse, etc. We do not accept erotica or works with graphic sexual scenes. Please keep this in mind!
Writers must be 18+
DEADLINE: February 27th !!!
- Please send all submissions via email at email@example.com
- Subject line should specify that the submission is for “Myths + Magic Competition” as well as it’s genre (fiction or poetry)
- (ex.) Myths + Magic Competition, Fiction
- In the body of the email please include: your name and a brief bio (should be in 3rd person, about 80-100 words)
- If applicable, also include your Instagram and/or Twitter handle
- Please include the submission as an .doc or .docx attachment (not copied and pasted into the body of the email)
- Please exclude your name from the submission document
Submission Review Process
Winners will be contacted by MARCH 1st, so be sure to check your emails! Winners will also have their winning submission featured on our website and social media.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer payment for works published to the site.
By submitting your work to Pine Reads Review, you are granting permission for us to publish your work online. Authors will maintain the rights to their work.
To view our previous writing contest winners & read the winning submissions click below:
or check out WRITING CONTESTS in the drop down menu under SUBMISSIONS!